Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/header.php on line 206 FINNJETweb Forums - Powered by XMB
FINNJETweb Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Trip on Moby Otta (ex Princess of Scandinavia)
ox266
Seaman

Name: LP Kero

[*] posted on 15-7-2008 at 11:00
Trip on Moby Otta (ex Princess of Scandinavia)

Hi all, been lurking here and finally registered today. I read with interest some posts about travelling on the ex-DFDS ships Moby Otta/Moby Drea to Sardinia.

Has anybody actually done the trip? Any information on how to reach the Livorno port/terminal from the railway station would be appreciated. Also, if anybody has tips for reaching OLB airport from Olbia port, also appreciated!

I had some expiring miles with Lufthansa, and booked an award trip HEL-MUC-FLR//OLB-MUC-HEL, and will take the Moby Otta from Livorno to Olbia in between.
paularai
Mate

Name: Paul Byrne

[*] posted on 1-8-2008 at 14:10

No experience of getting there except that I have flown over Livoro and remember its very close to Pisa airport. From the UK Easyjet fly there.

Some of us who took a trip on her in 2006 in the final weeks of Moby Drea's career with DFDS have talked about visiting her, I for one would be interested in a group trip sometime if others are interested, im just fully booked in August and September.

ISLAND MONKEY
ox266
Seaman

Name: LP Kero

[*] posted on 3-8-2008 at 00:30

Paul (and everybody else),

I did the trip so I can post some comments now...

Port is within walking distance from train station "Livorno Centrale", it seems I guessed the right direction and it took me about 40 minutes to walk at a leisurely pace. Didn't see any taxis available, many buses though and I'm sure some go to the port.

The port itself is very spartan from my Finnish point of view - don't expect any bridges to the ships - you check in at the car check-in lot, most board by the car deck ramp for pax, although Moby had something set up where you simply walked up a few stairs...

Moby Otta itself was simply a beauty - just as I remember her from my GOT-KRS-NCL-KRS-GOT journey... In stunning condition inside, quite unbelievable to think Finnjet is 2 years younger and about to be scrapped.

I got a million pics - if anybody is interested, please let me know if you want a "trip report" (I do these on flights...) and where to post it...

Regards,

Lari

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/lufthansa747/otta_livorno.jpg
K
Mate

Name: Kalle Id

[*] posted on 7-8-2008 at 17:42

A trip report would be very nice - I would love to see the new interiors for one thing.

Finnjet fan in the third generation and the author of Illustrated Carparks of Finland.
paularai
Mate

Name: Paul Byrne

[*] posted on 8-8-2008 at 09:52

Lari, Could you post your pictures or better still a link to them?

ISLAND MONKEY
xhming
Pilot

[*] posted on 24-5-2011 at 01:45
wholesale electronics

hing for someones phone number could have a lot o diScount prices film camera f trouble. There is no one place to find all phon bulk Wholesale I trust it, because i feel it what it says make a lots sense.
meteor123
Pilot

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 10:02

for - in - ShunTengMoGua chain, will sell, check after all;

Four Refrigeration Accessories th, all inspection, led street lights shall regularly fair and transparent, and actively and med LED tube light ia to cooperate.

Go To Top

FINNJETweb.com Forums