Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/header.php on line 206 FINNJETweb Forums - Powered by XMB
FINNJETweb Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Tallink's M/S Baltic Queen
O. Gräsbeck
Seaman

Name: Oscar Gräsbeck

[*] posted on 16-12-2008 at 17:30
Tallink's M/S Baltic Queen

Hey everyone.

The new cruise ship M/S Baltic Queen, also known with the working title "Cruise 5" was launched the 5th December. Now there's been a plenty of talk on wich line the ship will start to operate on. As announced, this new Baltic Queen will start operating between Tallinn-Mariehamn-Stockholm.

Now, Tallink has also been recreating the Silja Line fleet. To begin with, the Silja Festival was moved over to the Tallinn-Riga line, and Galaxy was moved over to Turku-Mariehamn-Stockholm when Baltic Princess got in to service. Now, when the new Baltic Queen will replace Romantika, where do you think Romantika will be put in service?

As said, Tallink has been recreating the Silja Line fleet, and they've said that Silja Symphony would most likely to be withdrawn from service due to her condition. Now, I would in this case think that Romantika would be put on Helsinki-Mariehamn-Stockholm instead of Silja Symphony, what do you think?
Ullex
Seaman

[*] posted on 16-12-2008 at 17:41

I really hope that Romantika does not replace symphony. I find the new Tallink fleet a littlebit like cattle wagons. Nothing innovative, just places to sleep in little boxes and few places to eat and drink (at high costs). Every space has a kind of "you must spend money"-feeling as the profits are maxed. Symphonys promenade has a unique "a place to just hang around" feeling and really is much more relaxing.
paularai
Mate

Name: Paul Byrne

[*] posted on 16-12-2008 at 17:51

Guys, remind me again of the problem with Symphony, is it the Aluminium in her construction?

ISLAND MONKEY
Tsaffu
Seaman

Name: Elisabeth Karner

[*] posted on 17-12-2008 at 15:38

I'm afraid that Romantika will start operating between Riga and Stockholm.
I'm going to miss her.
But Silja Festival is just ugly with Tallink's logos.
O. Gräsbeck
Seaman

[*] posted on 17-12-2008 at 21:04

I really agree with you, Ullex. There's no other ship than Symphony and Serenade which has the fantastic Promenade. It really is great, and don't forget the Atlantis Palace.. You're also right about Tallink's new ferries, overprized bars and cafés.

Paularai, I don't remember neither what's the problem with Symphony, I'd be pleased if someone would tell.

I really hope we don't lose either Symphony or Serenade. They're really the no. 1 way to go on cruises to Stockholm around the year. Wether it's winter or summer, I'm always very pleased to go on a cruise on them.
K
Mate

Name: Kalle Id

[*] posted on 18-12-2008 at 01:11

Tallink have already announced the Romantika will go on the Stockholm-Riga route, replacing Regina Baltica (a ship that definately needs replacing too!). In any case Romantika and Serenade are too different in their capacity and facilities to make a good pair of ships for any route.

That said, I personally would like to see the promenade ships replaced. While the promenade itself is impressive, they don't really offer anything that special facilities-wise; the Galaxy-class ships have much better choice of facilities and personally I'd prefer them as ships to Serenade and Symphony (if they didn't have Estonian staff that is). Plus the promade ships have been around for closer to two decades now. It would be high time to have some new blood on the Helsinki-Stockholm service.

Quote:
Originally posted by paularai
Guys, remind me again of the problem with Symphony, is it the Aluminium in her construction?

In the funnel and observation lounge, yes, but otherwise she's steel. And that shouldn't be a problem yet, the ship's just 17 years old. I too would like to hear an explanation of the "condition" of the Symphony that was being referred to. It is my understanding the Symphony is in fact the better of the two ships, due to some advanced made to the construction compared with the Serenade.

Finnjet fan in the third generation and the author of Illustrated Carparks of Finland.
Tsaffu
Seaman

Name: Elisabeth Karner

[*] posted on 18-12-2008 at 17:02

Does anybody knows what happens with Regina Baltica then ?
K
Mate

[*] posted on 18-12-2008 at 23:55

Tallink are looking to either sell or charter the Regina Baltica once the Baltic Queen is delivered. Their most recent company presentation (which also gave details on BQ's route) doesn't even mention the possibility that they'd try to find employment for the ReBa within the Tallink fleet.

I belive LD Lines (or another English Channel operator) expressed interest in the ReBa a few years back. She's got good cargo-carrying facilities, so the ship will probably find a new operator without problems.

Finnjet fan in the third generation and the author of Illustrated Carparks of Finland.
Mathias
Captain
FINNJETweb.com

Name: Mathias Saken

[*] posted on 20-12-2008 at 20:16

I would also think so, ReBa has 2 full size cardecks as far as I know, which is quite well ahead of her time considering her age and today's need for cargo capacity.

Mathias Saken
- http://www.finnjetweb.com -

GTS FINNJET *1977, † 2008
O. Gräsbeck
Seaman

[*] posted on 22-12-2008 at 17:13

Well, I didn't earlier know what Tallink was planning for Romantika, now I know.

As Kalle said, it's true there should be some new ships for Helsinki-Stockholm. Translated from the book "Siljan viisi vuosikymmentä" by Thure Malmberg and Marko Stampehl, the managing director of Tallink-Silja Oy Keijo Mehtonen says:

"In 2007 the ships and routes will be investigated. The ships en route between Helsinki-Stockholm, Silja Serenade and Silja Symhpony are both beginning to "reach adult-age". We have to think do we need new ships, how they would look and for how big passenger capacities they should be built. The ships right now could be sold. The Promenades would fit many gambling tables and slot machines, if the ships would be sold to Singapore or Hongkong."
K
Mate

[*] posted on 23-12-2008 at 01:58

Of course with Mehtonen you should remember he's got a record for talking out loud about company plans that may never be realised. Either he's trying to keep the opponent on their toes, or there isn't enough communication between him and Tallink's head offices.

In the current world financial situation and Tallink's own hefty debts the company probably isn't in a position to build any new ships for another five years at least I'd say. So in all propability we're stuck with Serenade and Symphony for at least another eight years.

O. Gräsbeck
Seaman

[*] posted on 27-12-2008 at 17:04

You're right about Mehtonen, Kalle. I didn't either think so much about Tallink's economy, and it's true, they really wouldn't have no funds to build any ships for now.
1maggot
Banned

Name: Jaanus L.

[*] posted on 31-12-2008 at 16:17

And they are not planning any newbuildings in the next 5 years.
xhming
Pilot

[*] posted on 20-5-2011 at 03:51

ing the search tool is free of charge and availabl china electronIcs wholesale e to anyone with an internet connection. If you be buy portablE gray 2.5 inch lcd monitor multifunctional cctv tester with osd function SO wonderful. I appreciate this thread. Thanks a lot.
meteor123
Pilot

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 10:02

tion base for mainland grate on DEHP etc and mandatory phthalic acid ester composition inspection, do local and main Refrigeration Accessories land customs in Taiwan, prevent the same import led street lights standards into mainland market harmful pro led street lights ducts curve;

Third, deal with relevant industry especiall

Go To Top

FINNJETweb.com Forums