Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/header.php on line 206 FINNJETweb Forums - Powered by XMB
FINNJETweb Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Experiences of Silja Galaxy-cruises?
O. Littunen
Seaman

Name: Jussi Littunen

question.gif posted on 5-9-2008 at 20:09
Experiences of Silja Galaxy-cruises?

On this Friday afternoon I would like to know have you been on Silja Galaxy`s cruise yet and what did you like about the ship in Silja`s trafic?

I was on her cruise in July and I really liked the ship! The exterior painting of the ship is of course quite "wild", and it`s funnel should be repainted to Silja`s colours, but anyways she is quite a beautiful ferry. The interior of the ship is nice, tidy and looks still brand new though the ferry has been on Helsinki-Tallinn -trafic for two years. All those things Silja`s crew has something to do with were changed from Tallink`s to Silja`s, but for instance all the security drawings in the cabin doors still had a large Tallink-sign. The crew was truly friendly, like Silja`s always is. So, on the whole, I perhaps prefer the ship to Silja Festival, even if Festival was a good ship, though.

23.11.2008 Little edits in the text
K
Mate

Name: Kalle Id

[*] posted on 7-9-2008 at 20:19

Quote:
Originally posted by O. Littunen
The crew was truly friendly, like Silja`s always is.

I wouldn't say always. Personally the most unfriendly service I've ever had on any ship was on the Silja Symphony. But yes, overall undoubtedly better than Tallink.

On a more general note about your post, the ship is beautiful and well-maintained on the inside; if sailing times from Turku we're so inconviniment compared to Helsinki I would consider sailing on the Galaxy just to see how she's doing as a Silja ship.

If there is such a thing as a Silja ship anymore - in commercials on the Swedish telly she's marketed as a Tallink Silja Line ship, not plain Silja.

Finnjet fan in the third generation and the author of Illustrated Carparks of Finland.
Mathias
Captain
FINNJETweb.com

Name: Mathias Saken

[*] posted on 7-9-2008 at 22:21

Quote:
Originally posted by K
If there is such a thing as a Silja ship anymore - in commercials on the Swedish telly she's marketed as a Tallink Silja Line ship, not plain Silja.

Which is the case everywhere except Finland. Silja Line is non existant so to say. Glorious Tallink.

Mathias Saken
- http://www.finnjetweb.com -

GTS FINNJET *1977, † 2008
O. Gräsbeck
Seaman

Name: Oscar Gräsbeck

[*] posted on 12-9-2008 at 19:11

Well, Tallink is planning to have it's own funnel marks on all Silja's ships, to begin with Silja Galaxy. I have a friend, who worked on Silja Festival and now on Galaxy. He told me it's planned that all Silja's ships will have Tallinks funnel marks in 2010. Then the seal will dissapear.. and who knows when the whole ''Silja Line'' name will be gone.

Go To Top

FINNJETweb.com Forums