Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/header.php on line 206 FINNJETweb Forums - Powered by XMB
FINNJETweb Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/np7985/domains/siljaweb.com/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 346
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Viking Line
maakrapu
Engineer

Name: P. Mustonen

[*] posted on 29-8-2008 at 22:40
Viking Line

I noticed this news too.... I guess it's really a good time to save one of the cruiseferries of this era as a musem and... let's make sure it will be the GTS Finnjet =)
K
Mate

Name: Kalle Id

[*] posted on 30-8-2008 at 11:27

Turun Sanomat have interviewed Nils-Erik Eklund about this: http://www.turunsanomat.fi/talous/?ts=1,3:1004:0:0,4:4:0:1:2008-08-30,104:4:5...

For those not speaking Finnish, Eklund states they're looking to both sails and solar panels as new power sources, and states they could cut down fuel consumption as much as 30% (!), 10% more than Beluga Skysails. When asked if they first ship using new technology could be under construction within the next 5 to 10 years, Eklund says he agrees. Also interviewed is the person in charge of the new technologies department of Aker Yards (or whatever they're called these days), who states the shipyard are prepared for the challenge of building a ship with the new technology.

Personally my main question is, what about the winter? If (admittedly that's a mighty big if) we still get winters with heavy ice, can the new technology be harnessed during the wintertime? Solar panels will be practically useless when there are only six hours of dim daylight per day, and how much use are sails when pushing through ice?

In addition to the parts about the new tech, Eklund states Viking are looking into changing the livery of their ships, with five different (undisclosed) colours under consideration. The writer of the article makes the (probably correct) assumption two of those colours are red and while.

Can't say I'd be too thrilled about the idea, I'm a big fan of Viking's traditional livery (especially with the black stripes as on original Cinderella, Gabriella and XPRS), it's attractive and recognisable.

Finnjet fan in the third generation and the author of Illustrated Carparks of Finland.
baltic dolphin
Seaman

Name: Jan Moerchen

[*] posted on 31-8-2008 at 20:20

is there any possibility to translate the article of the Turun sanomat or only the quintessence of it into the English, or could it there be done to switch the homepage articles from Finnish to English on the website. I couldn`t find any "switch".

In Germany they are trying to launch a new hydrogen technology. And there should be build some refuel or bunker stations in the Baltic, I mean also in Stockholm and Helsinki, first of it should be placed in Poland. And they are thinking of placing a first one in Germany at Travemünde.

... but I`m not a real carrot ;-)
K
Mate

Name: Kalle Id

[*] posted on 2-9-2008 at 14:40

There was another article on this same subject in today's Nya Åland (in Swedish), which includes a concept drawing of Viking's new green ship: http://www.nyan.ax/nyheter/?news_id=36143. The details on this artile are conflicting with the TS article in places - personally I'd believe the NÅ article to be closer to what was actually said by Eklund, and the TS article had either poorly understood or mistranslated Eklund's original comments (which naturally were in Swedish).

Based on the concept drawing the new eco-friendly Viking concept seems to use very similar technology as Wallenius Wilhelmsen's Orcelle concept for an environmentally friendly freighter http://www.rense.com/general63/sea.htm): both concept have fixed, rigid sails that also act as solar panels, and both use fuel cells (if I'm reading the poor-quality pic in the NÅ article correctly it says "bränsleceller" next to the arrow pointing to the engine room).

The NÅ article also mentions the possibe livery change, but unlike the TS article according to NÅ Eklund didn't say the company have five colours under consideration, but rather he only pointed out that in fact Viking's external livery currently consists of five colours (red, white, black (logo, window stripes), yellow (logo) and blue (tank topping)). As such I'd interpretate the comment that rather than actually changing their livery, the company might be looking into simplifying the colour palette by dropping colours.

Finnjet fan in the third generation and the author of Illustrated Carparks of Finland.
xhming
Pilot

[*] posted on 24-5-2011 at 02:10

k down that prank caller quickly, easily and withi dropship elecTronics n minutes. There is definitely no need for you to a-line v-neck sweEp train elastic silk-like satin bridesmaid/ wedding party dress (hsx058) Thank you very much. This thread teaches me lots of knowledge i did not know before.
meteor123
Pilot

[*] posted on 8-6-2011 at 01:24

In numerous speeches, slams, ap Refrigeration Accessories praising campaign and radio work, oprah's infectious summarize experience found: the exp LED tube light ression is her talent. This talent is doomed she led street lights ended his career in journalism gloom
wowgoldcheap
Seaman

[*] posted on 28-4-2012 at 03:32

As a World of Warcraft player, you must be aware that buy Wow gold is very important to play in this game. WoW gold also plays a very important role in the game. There are many ways to get wow gold, such as farming wow gold in the game or buying wow gold from online sites. The latter is the quickest way to get wow gold since many players don't want to waste their time doing boring farming. However, all players Wow power leveling don't want to get their accounts banned for buying gold online. Now it is time for you to find a trustable gold provider online with a good reputation.

Go To Top

FINNJETweb.com Forums